A multiplier is a unique type of non-linear processor where the signal is "reflected" as the derivative of the function alternates between positive and negative.
The result of this tends to remind of FM-synthesizers.
This one packs in addition an LFO to create interesting modulated timbres as well as pre/post filters and optional oversampling.
- LFO frequency.
- LFO phase offset between left and right channels.
- Modulation depth of phase bias point. Creates a "warble" effect.
- Can go from a gentle saturation to wall-of-noise.
- Bias added between left/right to create stereo width effect.
- Low/band/high filter applied to input.
- Mode A provides exponential (FM-like) depth, mode B linear (sine-like).
- Crossblend between wet and dry.
- Low/band/high filter applied to output.
- Make-up gain to compensate for tone filters.
- Optional oversampling useful when applied to high-frequency content but often not needed.
I frequently use this effect to add width to bass or percussion sounds.
Where it really shines however is applied to interweaving legato parts as it emphasizes (biggest understatement ever) beat-frequencies and yields sometimes unexpectedly complex results.
These links are provided only for those who need a copy of an individual plug-in without the installer.
If you want all of the effects you are much better off to download the complete package rather than the individual plug-ins.
- Windows Vista (recommended Windows 7 SP1 or greater.)
- (This could be solved by request if anyone ever needed XP support.
These files contain only the Multiplier plug-in dll.