(Click the main tab link above for the main download page.)
Unique type of fold-back distortion.
A multiplier is a unique type of non-linear processor where the signal is "reflected" as the derivative of the wave-shaping function alternates between positive and negative.
The result of this tends to remind of FM-synthesizers.
This one packs in addition an LFO to create interesting modulated timbres as well as pre/post filters and optional oversampling.
Due to the limited streaming quality it may be desirable to download each demo to listen to the raw recording (as flac where possible.) Downloads should be enabled for every demo track, if not please send a request and the track download can be enabled.
- LFO frequency.
- LFO phase offset between left and right channels.
- Modulation depth of phase bias point. Creates a "warble" effect.
- Can go from a gentle saturation to wall-of-noise.
- Bias added between left/right to create stereo width effect.
- Low/band/high filter applied to input.
- Mode A provides exponential (FM-like) depth, mode B linear (sine-like).
- Crossblend between wet and dry.
- Low/band/high filter applied to output.
- Make-up gain to compensate for tone filters.
- Optional oversampling useful when applied to high-frequency content but often not needed.
I frequently use this effect to add width to bass or percussion sounds.
Where it really shines however is applied to interweaving legato parts as it emphasizes (biggest understatement ever) beat-frequencies and yields sometimes unexpectedly complex results.