(Click the main tab link above for the main download page.)
A gate effect including side-chain input and a few other additional features.
Unlike a lot of implementations which lack one or two things this gate has nearly every feature you'll need.
Ideally the trigger/threshold detector and envelope generator would be separate plug-ins, although this is not so practical in the majority of cases. Instead a general-purpose AhR envelope is used.
- Detector input from independent side-chain
- Use a single detector/envelope for all channels
- Amplitude above which the gate is opened.
- How much the amplitude must sink below the threshold in order for the gate to close.
- Time to hold the gate open at minimum.
- Invert the action of the gate so that it closes above the threshold.
- Rate for gate to turn on.
- Rate for gate to turn off.
- Minimum time to hold the envelope on once gate has closed.
- The amplitude of the signal allowed to leak through the gate when it is closed.
- Make-up gain to apply after the gate.
The gate can be used to selectively output different sections of audio based upon dynamic content. The most obvious use is to remove noise when no other signal is present.
It shows its full potential when applied to rhythmic content.