The gate is another generic effect.
Unlike a lot of implementations which lack one or two things it has pretty much every feature you need.
- Detector input from independent side-chain
- Use a single detector/envelope for all channels
- Amplitude above which the gate is opened.
- How much the amplitude must sink below the threshold in order for the gate to close.
- Time to hold the gate open at minimum.
- Invert the action of the gate so that it turns off above the threshold.
- Rate for gate to turn on.
- Rate for gate to turn off.
- Minimum time to hold the envelope on once gate has closed.
- The amplitude of the signal allowed to leak through the gate when it is closed.
- Make-up gain to apply after the gate.
The gate can be used to selectively output different sections of audio based upon dynamic content. The most obvious use is to remove noise when no other signal is present.
It shows its full potential when applied to rhythmic content.
These links are provided only for those who need a copy of an individual plug-in without the installer.
If you want all of the effects you are much better off to download the complete package rather than the individual plug-ins.
- Windows Vista (recommended Windows 7 SP1 or greater.)
- (This could be solved by request if anyone ever needed XP support.
These files contain only the Gate plug-in dll.