A very simple insert compressor.
The compressor is designed to loosely model a circuit I designed myself. It is like a pedal or what you might find in a channel-strip.
It isn't designed to function as a limiter, so it doesn't have instant response, look-ahead, low distortion or any of that stuff; That is exactly what makes it useful.
- Time for level to decrease to threshold.
- Time for level to increase back toward unity.
- Amplitude where the envelope changes direction; Inverse of compression depth.
- Mixture between uncompressed and compressed signals.
- Make-up gain applied after compression to bring the signal back up to the desired level.
These links are provided only for those who need a copy of an individual plug-in without the installer.
If you want all of the effects you are much better off to download the complete package rather than the individual plug-ins.
- Windows Vista (recommended Windows 7 SP1 or greater.)
- (This could be solved by request if anyone ever needed XP support.
These files contain only the Compressor plug-in dll.