xhe xxx-xated xffects
The Xhip Effects bundle are simple, general purpose, rack-mount style effects designed to be flexible, easy to use and most importantly fun.
Many other effects plug-ins are designed with a more specialized focus or attempt to do what some might consider "too much", making them needlessly complex when used for a simple purpose like a stereo delay.
Xhip Effects are intended to be used in a more plug-and-play, old-school, "analog" or "by ear" way rather than including pages of presets or hidden menus and back-panel switches. Each effect is designed to include only the most minimal parameters in a knob-strip format much like you'd expect on a rack-mount effect unit or a guitar pedal.
These effects provide every parameter via the plug-in interface for parameter automation and do not include menus, tabbed windows or other more complex UI features. Rather than a manual, detailed documentation is maintained for each effect which is accessible from the bottom of this page.
(click to zoom)
Xhip Limiter (see the documentation for other screenshots.)
Current version: 6.7 (Nov 2017)
New features in this release:
- The GUI has been improved and now supports full scaling and some configuration.
- The default GUI scale factor is now 200%.
- A new "Vocal" effect has been added.
- This is a simple phoneme/vowel filter with a table of AEIOU formants.
- It is now possible to disable the GUI.
- The GUI can be disabled (nothing GUI-related is loaded) by renaming the plugin with "nogui" in the file name. For example xhip_reverb_64bit_nogui.dll will load without the GUI.
- Windows Vista (Windows 7 SP1 or greater recommended.)
- An XP-compatible alpha version is available (by request.)
- No GUI support on MacOS.
- Please see the information on the alpha page.