xhe xxx-xated xffects
The Xhip Effects bundle are simple, general purpose, rack-mount style effects designed to be flexible, easy to use and most importantly fun.
Many other effects plug-ins are designed with a more specialized focus or attempt to do what some might consider "too much", making them needlessly complex when used for a simple purpose like a stereo delay.
Xhip Effects are intended to be used in a more plug-and-play, old school, "analog" or "by ear" way rather than including pages of presets or hidden menus and back-panel switches. Each effect is designed to include only the most minimal parameters in a knob-strip format much like you'd expect on a rack-mount effect unit or a guitar pedal.
These effects provide every parameter via the plug-in interface for parameter automation and do not include menus, tabbed windows or other more complex UI features. Rather than a manual, detailed documentation is maintained for each effect which is accessible from the bottom of this page.
Xhip Effects on KVR. (If you're posting links or news please link to the KVR page for Xhip. If xhip.net is ever down the KVR page will likely remain up.)
(click to zoom)
Xhip Limiter (see the documentation for other screenshots.)
Current version: 6.7 (Nov 2017)
MacOS: alpha (see below.)
New features in this release:
- The GUI has been improved and now supports full scaling and some configuration.
- The default GUI scale factor is now 200%.
- A new "Vocal" effect has been added.
- This is a simple phoneme/vowel filter with a table of AEIOU formants.
- It is now possible to disable the GUI.
- The GUI can be disabled (nothing GUI-related is loaded) by renaming the plugin with "nogui" in the file name. For example xhip_reverb_64bit_nogui.dll will load without the GUI.
- Windows Vista (Windows 7 SP1 or greater recommended.)
- An XP-compatible alpha version is available (by request.)