In the news:
If I bothered to post it...
Xhip alpha r620 "Line-endings!"
This version includes many more fixes and a few major features.
The following stuff is new:
- The GUI can now be resized via right-click on the logo.
This relies upon host support for resize and if your host does not support that it may not work correctly as the window will remain the same size. In some cases you can fix any issues by closing and opening the GUI again.
- An issue has also been fixed with the .wavs loading code where DOS style line-endings were assumed.
This should now work regardless of line-ending style.
- Preset categories are now working fully.
- Some new xmod modes have been added.
These include "linear" and "differentiated".
- Some menus have been adjusted and formatted.
More to come soon.
Xhip alpha r606 "almost there"
This version has a few bug-fixes and improvements to the code.
Unfortunately I haven't kept track of changes in much detail this time around so what is new exactly is a bit of a mystery. That said, there are very, very few items remaining on the TODO list at this point.
Some of the remaining TODOs are:
- Replace buttons with menu[s].
- Add actions to load/save init and reset presets to allow customization.
- Add map CC menu with clear and save/load from file.
- Clean up the categories; if a category contains more than 16 (?) presets divide the content into numerical categories like "bass 1", "bass 2".
- Parameter routing.
- Needs to be reconfigured any time the configuration changes. Currently it is updated on a new note-on, which should never happen unless note-on is a routed event.
- Ensure automation and CC inputs are modulated by the routing configuration before being applied. Currently, automation and CC inputs override routed/modulated values.
- Test to ensure routing works in all cases.
- Update preset to handle new routing info.
- Import old fxb preset (state) data into the new routing format.
- Test that routing out-of-range parameters works correctly.
- Ensure old format presets are imported correctly. (A large job.)
So you can see most of the effort is related to GUI (menus) and the new routing feature.
Xhip alpha r552 "Bug-fixes!" <3
Just a few minor bug-fixes done in the latest alpha. The TODO list is getting very, very short with only three more elements before a RC can be built. The features remaining are some updates to the way presets are handled (custom init/clear preset, fixes for parameter routing and storage in presets and fixed import of version (7) preset/state data.)
This version includes the following fixes:
- Red Vu meter LED now represents +3db/clipping.
- Fixed reverb not working.
- Fixed ringmod crash when "sidechain" used.
- Reduced the oversampling filter quality for the ringmod.
- Fixed display of filter modes vs. menu.
- Ensured GUI is updated when loading programs or banks.
- Default bank no longer loads from module path, must use appdata directory via load/save bank right-click menu.
Reading anything from the module path is sort of bad-behavior for modern software, although I suppose if this bothers anyone I could read from the module path if the appdata directory doesn't exist.
Grab the latest version from the alpha page as usual.
New Xhip alpha
I've uploaded a new alpha version of the synthesizer. In this version the categories and bank name work correctly. These should give an idea of how the presets will be arranged in the next release.
Parameter routing works!
I've just uploaded a new alpha version in which the long awaited "parameter routing" matrix has finally begun to take form.
This version is not yet fully implemented but can be used to achieve many of the often desired functions that have been missing from Xhip.
- Modwheel to vibrato depth.
- Velocity or bender to multiple destinations.
- Multiplicative mode.
- Many inputs such as key, aftertouch, program, poly pressure and all MIDI CC.
This feature will improve in time as options for uni or bidi input, inversion and more are added.